This thick and creamy Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo is guaranteed to wow your family, friends, and even the most skeptical meat lovers in your life. They’ll never guess that it’s made without a drop of butter, heavy cream, or cheese.
This recipe takes 25 minutes to prep. and 25 minutes to cook. Check out the video above to see how it is done, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
CHECK OUT: Amazing Vegan Mac And Cheese Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 6-8)
- 1 cup Raw Unsalted Almonds
- 3 cups, plus 2 tbsps of Water (Divided)
- 1 tbsp of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 5 large Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 4 cups of Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth (or the equivalent amount of Vegetable Bouillon and Water)
- 1 (16-ounce) Package of Fettuccine (Shop Purchased Pasta)
- 4 tsps of Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp of Salt (only if using Low-Sodium Broth)
- 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- Freshly cracked Black Pepper (To Taste, and for Garnish)
- ½ cup of Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley, for Garnish
- Using a high-powered blender, blend the almonds and 3 cups of water until a creamy milk forms.
- Over a large bowl, pour the liquid through a nut milk bag to strain out the pulp, and gently massage the bag until all the milk has passed through and only a thick crumbly clump of almond pulp remains.
- Set aside the silky smooth almond cream and discard the pulp (or save it to use in another recipe).
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 to 4 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth and homemade almond milk, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
- Add the fettuccine to the pot and cook uncovered for the amount of time suggested on the package or until the noodles are cooked and tender. This will take 9 to 12 minutes but can vary depending on the type of pasta you use. Stir the pasta frequently to prevent it from clumping and sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Two minutes before the pasta is done, add the cornstarch and water mixture, salt, and ground black pepper to the pot. Cook for 2 to 5 minutes, until the sauce, starts to thicken.
- Turn the heat off and allow the pasta and sauce to rest on the stove for 5 minutes to thicken. If the sauce is still very liquid, turn the heat on while mixing the pasta and sauce for another 1 to 2 minutes—but keep in mind that the sauce will continue to thicken with time.
- Plate the pasta and garnish with cracked black pepper and parsley
Tell us what you think of this Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe on Facebook now.
6 Things to Know About Plant-Based Meat