Quick and Easy Mexican Dinner
Looking for the perfect dinner solution for a hectic work week? Try one dish casseroles! Serve up this Mexican themed cheesy chicken casserole with corn and black bean salad for a delicious dinner that can be prepared in advance. Then end your meal with a simple to prepare sweet treat of strawberries and cream.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Cheesy Chicken Casserole
Vegetable cooking spray
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
1 (10-ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 (10-ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato and green chiles
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Bag of Tortilla Chips
1. Stir together chicken, cream of chicken soup, mushroom soup, diced tomato chiles, chili powder, and garlic powder.
2. Tear tortillas into 1-inch pieces; cover the bottom of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with one-third chicken mixture and one-third cheese. Repeat layers until mixture is gone.
3. Top casserole with crumbled tortilla chips and the rest of the cheddar cheese.
4. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Corn and Black Bean Salad
1 tbsp olive oil
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatos
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (4 oz) can of corn, drained
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
2 tsp cumin
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
Optional: Hot sauce to add a little kick to the salad
1. Mix together the olive oil, cumin, cilantro, and salt.
2. Place tomatoes, black beans, corn, and chilies in a bowl.
3. Pour dressing over top of the salad.
4. Gently stir salad.
Strawberries and Cream
2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 (10 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1. Rinse, stem, and slice the strawberries.
2. Place ¼ cup of the sliced berries in each dessert glass or bowl.
3. Pour two tablespoons of the condensed milk over the berries.
4. Top with whipped cream.
5. Serve at once or chill for 30 minutes to an hour and serve cold.