Kris Drewry is a freelance host on several nationally broadcast networks. Her first book, Breakup Positive, was published in February 2018.
Before we start crafting a delicious buffalo chicken sandwich lets keep these three things that I am certain of in mind:
1. I am obsessed with wing sauce and am concerned it might eat a hole in my stomach
2. My slow cooker/crockpot whatever it is saves my life- weekly
3. This will be the easiest recipe you ever make, listen to me- you cannot screw it up
CHECK OUT: Homemade goldfish crackers recipe by Kris Drewry.
The Buffalo Chicken Sandwich foreword
So, let’s talk for a minute. You are busy, you hardly have time to call your mother, and forget about prepping a whole dinner when you get home at night- and then on top of it you are expected to go to the gym? Right. I keep preaching that healthy eating does not have to be time-consuming or difficult- and I am about to show you how.
Now, if you can’t stomach wing sauce (I really have to stop eating so much of this stuff) check the recipe below the first one for a plain shredded chicken. I cook up a batch up this every Sunday night and am set with healthy protein for the week. If you make the plain one, you just season it with whatever you throw it on- sandwiches, salads, soups, veggies.
Warning- I can stomach a lot of mustard, vinegar, and wing sauce… adjust according to taste. However, the original amounts really don’t make the chicken spicy. (You can add more after cooking if you want to add extra spice to your buffalo chicken sandwich.)
Shredded Buffalo Chicken in the Crockpot
- 6-8 raw chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of Frank’s Wing Sauce
- 1/4 cup of yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
1. Spray a crockpot with cooking spray- Place the chicken into the crock pot and top with wing sauce, yellow mustard, and vinegar
2. Place the lid on the crock pot and set it to cook on high for 5 hours. (Its worth the wait when you finally craft your buffalo chicken sandwich.)
3. With about 20 minutes left on the timer, take the lid off and shred the chicken- stirring it together with the sauce that is now in the pot
4. Replace top and let the chicken continue cooking through the cycle. Eat on whole wheat hamburger buns with a shake of wing sauce, lettuce, tomato, and blue cheese!
CHECK OUT: Mini chocolate pudding pie
Plain Crockpot Chicken
- 6-8 chicken breasts
- Salt and Pepper
1. Spray a crock pot with cooking spray- place chicken breasts into the pot. Cover and cook on high for 4.5 hours. Remove from crock pot and shred
2. Refrigerate (or freeze- it freezes really well) and use in soups, on salads, or another buffalo chicken sandwich. Season each portion as you like!
Categorized: Food & Drink Recipes