[brid autoplay=”true” video=”788390″ player=”22750″ title=”Pizza%20Stuffed%20Mushroom” duration=”59″ description=”If you love the taste of pizza but can\’t stomach the dough, swap it up with these mini pizza stuffed mushrooms. ” uploaddate=”2014-03-17″ thumbnailurl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/15887/thumb/788390_t_1621927892.png” contentUrl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/15887/sd/788390.mp4″]
Pizza is considered the most popular food in the United States. So it is quite saddening that a number of people can’t enjoy it because of the dough:
Whether down to dietary choice or forced upon because of IBS and other ailments. We’ve got solutions, from watermelon pizza bases (yes, you read that right) to these Mushroom Stuffed Pizzas.
So if you’re looking for a savoury bite of pizza topping goodness and like mushrooms, this recipe is perfect for you:
Watch the short recipe video above and get cooking with the ingredients and steps below:
- 6 large Portobello Mushrooms (Washed and with stems removed)
- 7 oz of Ricotta Cheese
- 5 slides of Provolone Cheese
- 7 oz of Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 clove of Garlic (Minced)
- 3.5 oz of Cherry Tomatoes (Chopped)
- Salt (To taste)
- Black Pepper (To taste)
- Fresh Parsley (Finely chopped to taste)
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and saute the chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Add the tomato paste to the pan, and season with black pepper and salt to taste.
- Continue to cook until the sauce is thick.
- With stems removed, add the mushrooms, bottoms face up on a baking tray and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Fill each mushroom with the thickened tomato sauce.
- Then add a slice of provolone cheese and a spoon of ricotta cheese on top of each mushroom.
- Arrange chopped cherry tomatoes to add extra flavor and again season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 15-25 minutes on medium heat.
- Once cooked garnish with the chopped parsley and serve hot.
Tell us what you think of this Mushroom Stuffed Pizza recipe on Facebook.