Juicy fresh summer tomatoes are the stars of this classic Italian bread salad. It’s like bruschetta deconstructed! Crispy bread cubes and fresh basil round out this recipe with an appealing flourish.
This salad recipe takes 5 minute to prepare and 15 minutes to cook. Check out the video above to see how it is done, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Also Read: 12 Surprisingly Sugary Foods And Drinks
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 cups of Italian Bread Chunks (Bite-sized)
- 1 and 1/2 pounds of flavorful Ripe Tomatoes (Diced)
- 1/3 cup of Cured Pitted Plives (Sliced)
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Basil Leaves (Finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps of Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt (To taste)
- Black Pepper (To taste)
- 1/4 cup of Vegan Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded or finely sliced)
By bite-sized bread, we mean 1-inch or less, and if you want to avoid weighing tomatoes, 3-4 medium-sized tomatoes will do the trick. Plus, the inclusion of cheese is optional, but jack cheese works well too.
- Preheat the oven to 300° F
- Arrange the bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake until crisp and golden.
- This can take about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients gently in a serving bowl and toss them together. Try not to break down the ingredients during this process, as you want it to look fresh rather than mush.
- Stir in the bread cubes until well combined.
- Serve while the bread is warm and the salad is fresh.
Tell us what you think of this Italian Bread Salad Recipe on Facebook now.