Girls can do whatever boys can and there are no such things as “girl push-ups” – but we all got to start somewhere on the journey to toned arms:
As much as we would all like it to be true, we are unable to “spot a decrease” in any one area of our bodies. According to research, activities, and devices that promise to be able to get rid of love handles or slim down your thighs are a fraud and should be avoided.
You will not be able to burn fat from a specific area of the body if you perform a workout that solely targets that one area.
However, this does not rule out the possibility of slimming down your arms, as well as the rest of your body, using these top workouts.
Related: Avoid These 5 Common Exercise Mistakes
Push-Up Toned Arms
So, let’s get started:
- You’re going to start in the plank position with your hands right beneath your shoulders.
- If you struggle with push-ups, hold the plank but don’t drop down onto your knees. You have to keep your butt low, back flat, and look forward.
- Come all the way down till your body touches the bench, exhale squeeze those glutes and squeeze your abs to push up.
- Continue for 20 reps.
- Another option is to hold out your feet like a bee. If you bring those elbows further back it is going to work more of your triceps so try to keep your elbows behind you.
Arm slides are an excellent way to activate your arms (particularly your triceps), as well as your entire core. Arm slides and other core exercises can help you improve your general balance, stability, and body alignment.
- Kneel with both sliders in your hands.
- Make this more comfortable by placing a pad beneath your knees, especially if you have sensitive knees or are on a hard floor.
- By drawing your belly button toward your spine and contracting your abs, you may engage your core.
- Maintaining a straight spine and a strong core, slowly slide your arms in front of you to bring your chest near to the ground.
- Reintroduce your arms to your knees and return to your starting posture without bending your elbows. Avoid arching your spine as you draw your arms in. Throughout the exercise, maintain a strong core and a straight back.
The next exercise a more advanced toned arms exercise. It is called the Spiderwoman push-up.
- Bring your hands down the floor nice and light, spread those fingers apart, drop your butt, keep those legs together, tippy toes on the bench.
- You’re going to look straight down, engage your abs again and this time bring your left knee into your left elbow during the comedown push up and then alternate right elbow right knee.
- Come down with each push up looking at your knee to get that side oblique crunches at the same time your full-body moves.
- Continue for 20 reps.
These are very advanced, and that’s why they are called Spiderwoman push-ups but the point is to start somewhere – just don’t drop down on your knees even if that means holding a plank.
Why You Can’t Out-Exercise a Poor Diet