Fried Cabbage and Sausage is a hearty and savory one-skillet meal. Garlicky kielbasa is sauteed with thinly-sliced cabbage, herbs, and spices for an easy dinner the whole family will love.
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook. Check out the video above to see how they are made or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Also Read: 12 Surprisingly Sugary Foods And Drinks
Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 2 tbsps of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1 White Onion (Diced)
- 4 cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 small Cabbage Head (2lbs sliced into thin strips)
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp of Fresh Thyme (Chopped)
- 1 lb of Polska Kielbasa (Sliced into thin rounds)
- 1 tbsp of Parsley (Chopped)
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat, and add oil and butter, stir until melted and foamy.
- Add diced onion and cook until soft and transparent, stirring for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook until fragrant and soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage to the pan and toss. Season it with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Let cabbage reduce by half, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and fresh thyme.
- Slice smoked Polska Kielbasa into thin rounds and add it to the pan.
- When cabbage has lost much of its volume and started to turn tender and slightly translucent, with browned bits, and Polska Kielbasa has browned slightly, the dish is ready to serve.
- Remove from heat and garnish with parsley.
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 537
- Fat: 44g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Sodium: 1658mg
- Potassium: 718mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 19g
- Vitamin A: 664IU
- Vitamin C: 88mg
- Calcium: 111mg
- Iron: 3mg
Tell us what you think of this Fried Cabbage and Sausage Recipe on Facebook now.