Whether an appetizer, side, or party snack, these bacon and broccoli frittatas pack a flavor punch. And what’s amazing is that you can cook them and store them for up to four days in advance of serving.
The recipe includes super-healthy broccoli, with salty bacon and a sprinkle of cheese. All are cooked in an egg mix to create a bite-sized frittata.
Plus, these bacon and broccoli frittatas are easily customized to your family’s taste.
These are the ingredients and steps to follow:
Per 12 bacon and broccoli frittatas:
- 8 Medium Eggs
- Splash of Milk (To Taste)
- Salt (To Taste)
- Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Cooking Spray or Butter
- 1 Whole Broccoli
- 2-4 Bacon Rashers
- Grated Cheddar Cheese (To Taste)
- In a saucepan, add water, with a pinch of salt and pepper. Then heat at 180 degrees.
- Cut, or break the broccoli into small florets. Sauté in the water until crisp but tender.
- Dice the bacon into small cubes or strips.
- Add cooking spray or butter to a frying pan, and at 180 degrees cook the bacon until golden brown.
- Add the eggs, a splash of milk, salt, and black pepper to a bowl. Beat the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- In an oven-proof muffin tray add cooking spray, or grease lightly with butter.
- Add a sprinkle of sautéed broccoli and the cooked bacon to the base of each muffin tin.
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup until around 1/2 full.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each muffin cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-25 minutes, until the egg is cooked.
- Serve hot, or keep in a fridge for up to 4 days.
Let us know if you make this Bacon and Broccoli Frittatas recipe on Facebook.