Whether an appetizer, side, or party snack, these bacon and broccoli frittatas pack a flavor punch. And what’s amazing is that you can cook them and store them for up to four days in advance of serving.
The recipe includes super-healthy broccoli, with salty bacon and a sprinkle of cheese. All cooked in egg to create a bite sized frittata.
Plus, these bacon and broccoli frittatas are easily customized to your family’s taste.
These are the ingredients and steps to follow:
Per 12 bacon and broccoli frittatas:
- 8 Medium Eggs
- Splash of Milk (To Taste)
- Salt (To Taste)
- Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Cooking Spray or Butter
- 1 Whole Broccoli
- 2-4 Bacon Rashers
- Grated Cheddar Cheese (To Taste)
1. In a saucepan, add water, a pinch of salt and pepper and heat at 180 degrees.
2. Cut, or break the broccoli into small florets. Sauté in the water until crisp but tender.
3. Dice the bacon into small cubes or strips.
4. Add cooking spray or butter to a frying pan, and at 180 degrees cook the bacon until golden brown.
5. Add the eggs, a splash of milk, salt and black pepper to a bowl. Beat the eggs and mix thoroughly.
6. In an oven proof muffin tray add cooking spray, or grease lightly with butter.
7. Add a sprinkle of sautéed broccoli and the cooked bacon to the base of each muffin tin.
8. Pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup until around 1/2 full.
9. Sprinkle cheese on top of each muffin cup.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-25 minutes, until the egg is cooked.
11. Serve hot, or keep in a fridge for up to 4 days.
Let us know if you make this Bacon and Broccoli Frittatas recipe on Facebook.