There’s something warming about the sweetness of apples and the taste of cinnamon. And if you like that flavor pairing, you already know this Apple Cinnamon Toast won’t disappoint:
With the star ingredients common in many apple pie recipes, the twist here is a lack of pastry. Instead, there is crunchy and buttery toast, with cream cheese, making it a recipe perfect for brunch – that’s if you like it sweet.
Check out the video and the ingredients below for more.
- 1 Bread Loaf (Sliced Thickly)
- 1/4 cup of Cream Cheese
- Red and Green Apples (Cut into thin slices)
- 2 tbsps of Castor Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Cinnamon Powder
- Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- Vanilla Ice Cream (Shop brought)
- Fresh Mint (For decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut your loaf into thick slices.
- Slit a square shape into the bread, but don’t cut all the way through.
- Press down the square to make an indentation in the slice of bread.
- Add 1-2 tbsps of cream cheese to the square indentation and spread evenly.
- Add your apple slices decoratively to the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the castor sugar and cinnamon equally across the apples and bread.
- Cut your butter into cubes and spread evenly across the edges of the bread.
- Top your apples with a cube of butter (one per slide of bread).
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the toast is golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream and fresh mint.
Please let us know if you make this Apple and Cinnamon Toast recipe on Facebook.