This Thai-style vegan yellow tofu curry recipe can be made in 50-minutes and tastes amazing. It looks, smells, and tastes so good that when served, guests and loved ones will think you’ve had a pro-chef in the kitchen.
Check out the video above to see how it is done, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion (Sliced)
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper (Sliced)
- 2 Carrots (Sliced)
- 2 large Yukon Gold Potatoes (Cut into 1-inch bite-sized pieces)
- ⅓ cup of Yellow Curry Paste
- 2 cans of Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp of Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Red Chili Pepper Flakes (To taste)
- 2 cups of Bite-Sized Broccoli Pieces
- 1 block of Extra-Firm Tofu (Drained and cut into bite-sized cubes)
- 4–6 cups of Cooked White or Brown Rice
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and carrots, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bell pepper is tender.
- Add the potatoes and curry paste and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, and stir in the brown sugar, salt, and red chili pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil and cover. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and tofu and continue simmering, covered, for 15 more minutes.
- Serve while hot with rice.
If you like your tofu to be very firm, sauté it in 1 tablespoon of canola oil for 3 to 4 minutes before adding it in step 6.
Tell us what you think of this Vegan Yellow Tofu Curry Recipe on Facebook now.