Looking for a delicious and healthier vegan bolognese sauce? You’ve found it! Made with lentils instead of meat, this bolognese is packed with protein, fiber, and lots of nutrients for a healthy spin on a comfort food favorite. Enjoy!
This recipe can be prepared in 15 minutes and cooked in 15. Check out the video above to see how it is done, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsps of Olive Oil (or Vegetable Oil)
- ½ of a Red Onion (Diced)
- 2 cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 medium Carrot (Diced)
- 2 Celery Ribs (Diced)
- Salt and Black Pepper (To taste)
- 1 cup of Cooked Lentils
- 2 cups of Tomato Sauce (Pasta sauce works best)
- Fresh Basil (For garnish)
- 1 package of Spaghetti (Cooked)
12 Surprisingly Sugary Foods and Drinks
- In a large pot, add the oil and warm over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked lentils and the tomato sauce and allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- If the sauce is too thick, add some extra water.
- Serve on top of spaghetti and garnish with fresh basil.
Tell us what you think of this Vegan Lentil Bolognese Sauce Recipe on Facebook now.