Imagine the looks you would get serving up a basic cheese and tomato sandwich for brunch, lunch, or even as an appetizer.
Your friends and/or family would question your sanity.
However, this sourdough open sandwich recipe is just that – but done in a Mediterranean way that’s both visual and delicious.
Just check out the picture below to see how bright and vibrant this recipe can be:
And best of all, it can be done in 15-20 minutes with very few ingredients – which means almost nothing can go wrong!
Check out the video above to see how simple it really is. Or swipe down to see the full list of ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
- 4 slices of Sourdough Bread
- 4 tbsps. of Olive Oil
- 5-6 Fresh Basil Leaves (Finely chopped)
- 6-8 Bocconcini Cheese (Finely sliced)
- 3-4 Yellow Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- 3-4 Red Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- Crushed Black Peppercorns (To taste)
- Salt (To taste)
- Brush both sides of the sourdough bread with 1-2 tbsps. of olive oil.
- In a griddle pan, over medium heat add 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Toast the sourdough bread, both sides, until griddle lines are clearly visible.
- Grease a baking tray with 1 tbsp. of oil and add the toasted bread.
- Top the bread with cherry tomato halves, bocconcini cheese, chopped basil, and season with salt and black peppercorns.
- Bake at 356 Degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
Tell us what you think of this Sourdough Open Sandwich recipe on Facebook.