Confession? I don’t always feel like making everything from scratch. There are times when this is perfectly fine and they are: When you are stressed for time, when you are adding lots of things to the box mix, and lastly.. if you just don’t like to bake. However, baking for me is like therapy and I really enjoy doing it- but sometimes when you just want to throw some extras in and experiment then it really isn’t worth your time to (possibly) screw up a homemade concoction. Case in point with these S’mores brownies I invented as a change of pace desert for an upcoming holiday party. I wasn’t quite sure what I wanted to put in them so I went with a box mix. What turned out was an easy treat if you are looking for something to baked this weekend.
*1 package of brownie mix
*1/4 cup of chocolate chips
*Cup of mini marshmallows
*Graham Cracker Crumbs
*Chocolate Chips for sprinkling
Time needed: 40 minutes.
S’Mores Brownies Instructions
- Prepare brownie mix according to the box directions, but add in the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to batter
- Once brownies are cooked leave oven on
- Sprinkle the cup of marshmallows over the top of the warm brownies
- Cover marshmallows with graham cracker crumbs and a sprinkling of chocolate chips
- Stick back in the oven for a minute, or until marshmallows puff up
- **Optional** Put the broiler on and broil the marshmallows until brown- just keep an eye on them as they burn quickly
- Let brownies cool completely and then cut with a sharp knife coated in cooking spray. You will have to put cooking spray on the knife several times but this keeps it from sticking to the marshmallows
Categorized: Food & Drink