If you like Italian-esque cuisine, why not serve up this earthy shrimp and mushroom pasta?
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, but when served, if plated up with a little finesse, it can look like a high-end dish – despite the pasta being from the store.
Check out the video above to see how simple the recipe is, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Check Out: Zucchini Noodles with Shrimps recipe
- Fettuccine Pasta (From the store)
- 3/4 Cup of Fresh Shrimps (Peeled and deveined)
- 3 Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup of Bell Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup of Parmasan Cheese (Grated)
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper (To taste)
- Salt (To taste)
- Dried Basil
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add 4 tbsps of olive oil.
- Add the chopped garlic to the pan.
- Add the shrimps to the pan and cook until pink on one side (medium-high heat).
- In a bowl, mix crushed black pepper, dried basil, and salt (to taste).
- Add the mixture in step 5 to the pan and mix.
- Chop the bell pepper finely and add to the pan.
- When the bell peppers are soft, empty the pan into a bowl.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Add 2 tbsps of olive oil to the pan and return it to the heat (medium-high).
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until they start to soften.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the pan and mix with the mushrooms.
- Add water to a saucepan and bring to the boil (high heat).
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and reduce to a medium heat.
- Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water.
- Cook the pasta until soft, but with bite.
- Drain the pasta, then add to the pan and stir.
- Add grated parmasan to the pan.
- Mix the contents of the pan until thoroughly combined.
- Serve while hot and top with more basil and parmasan cheese (to taste).
Tell us what you think of this Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta recipe on Facebook now.