Savory Chickpea Waffles: Delicious Recipes Worth Cooking
[brid autoplay=”true” video=”804452″ player=”22750″ title=”Savory%20Chickpea%20Waffles” duration=”73″ description=”You\’ll be surprised by how tasty these savory chickpea waffles really are. Topped with a delicious tomato sauce and a fresh egg, and you\’ve got a breakfast masterpiece. ” uploaddate=”2014-03-17″ thumbnailurl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/15887/thumb/804452_t_1623740866.png” contentUrl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/15887/sd/804452.mp4″]
If you or your family loves waffles, why not try something a little savory?
This Savory Chickpea Waffles recipe covers how to make a light waffle, a tasty tomato topping, and how to bring them together with an egg for a delicious meal.
Watch the Savory Chickpea Waffles video above to see how it is cooked and swipe down to see the full list of ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
- 3/4 cup of Chickpea Flour
- 3/4 cup of Milk
- 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. of Salt
- 1/4 tsp. of Pepper
- 1 1/2 oz. of White Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Egg (Separate white from yolk)
- 2 tsp. of Vinegar
- 1 tsp. of Baking Powder
- 1 tbsps. of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of Shallots (Finely sliced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Sliced)
- 2 tsps. of Thyme (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup of Dry White Wine
- 3/4 lbs of Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1 /4 tsp. of Salt
- 1/4 tsp. of Pepper
- 1 Egg
- In a pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil, shallots, garlic, thyme, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add dry white wine, tomatoes, salt, and pepper to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl add the chickpea flour, milk, 1 tbsp. of olive oil, salt, pepper, cheese, and egg yolk. Mix until well combined.
- Add vinegar and baking powder to the bowl (step 3) and mix again.
- In a clean bowl add the egg white and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Gently add the egg white to the bowl (step 3) and fold into the mix.
- Add the mix to a waffle maker and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve the waffles with the tomato sauce cooked in step 2, and top it with a freshly cooked egg (poached or fried).
Tell us what you think of this Savory Chickpea Waffles on Facebook.