This Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Chicken recipe combines cheese, wine, and garlic, to deliver immense flavor. With large chunks of chicken and soft mushrooms, this dish will fill stomachs with its savory gooey goodness.
This dish can be prepared in 10 minutes and cooked in 20. Check out the video above to see how it is done, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Also Read: 13 Delectable Gift Ideas for Foodies
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 4 Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless or 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs)
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 16 ounces of Baby Bella Mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tbsps of Unsalted Butter
- 1 whole Garlic Head (minced)
- 2 tbsps of All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup White Wine
- 2 cups of Heavy Cream
- 2 cups of Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 tsp of Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper
- 3 cups of Fresh Spinach
- 1 cup of Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Season the chicken with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
- Clean the mushrooms, slice them, and set them aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown on each side and if you slice it in the center it should be cooked.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a plate nearby.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet and add the sliced mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring all the time, until tender.
- Remove the mushrooms from the skillet to a plate nearby – but keep the liquid in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter to the skillet.
- Once the butter has melted, add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until tender.
- Add the flour and whisk until it thickens, this will happen very quickly so make sure you have the wine and cream on hand.
- Stir in the white wine and heavy cream.
- Fold in the parmesan cheese and season with garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Add the fresh spinach and let the sauce simmer until it starts to thicken and the spinach wilts. Stir a few times.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms back to the skillet.
- Cover the chicken and mushrooms in the sauce and let it simmer on low heat for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with 1 cup of grated parmesan and serve with pasta, couscous, or bulgur. Alternatively, the dish can also be served on its own, with warm, crusty bread for dipping!
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 611
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 153mg
- Sodium: 1276mg
- Potassium: 1169mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 55g
- Vitamin A: 2200IU
- Vitamin C: 6.2mg
- Calcium: 729mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
Tell us what you think of this Keto Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Chicken recipe on Facebook now.