Scrambled eggs are perfect when creamy, fluffy, and well-seasoned. In fact, a lot of people say that they do not enjoy scrambled eggs because they have not had them cooked to perfection. Instead, they were probably dry and unseasoned, which is certainly not the most appetizing meal.
If you are looking to improve your breakfast recipes, check out our tips on how to make the perfect scrambled eggs. It’s such a cheap and easy meal to make, so scrambled eggs are a great thing to make and impress the whole family. This recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to cook.
Check Out: 5 Best Coffees for Making Cold Brew
This portion makes two servings.
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 tbsps of cream
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 2 tbsps of butter
- Cracked black pepper
- Chopped green onions
- Place a medium non-stick pan on the stove over medium to medium-high heat
- Add the cornstarch and cream to a small cup and whisk to dissolve the cornstarch
- Crack the eggs into the cream mixture
- Season the eggs with salt
- Using a hand blender, mini blender, or hand whisk, blend the eggs for a few seconds. The eggs will appear creamier and smoother when blended.
- When the pan is hot, add the butter and swirl to coat the bottom
- Add the egg mixture as soon as the butter has melted
- Using a spatula, start stirring the egg mixture slowly and continuously
- Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir after about one minute
- The eggs should be done in about 2 minutes
- Transfer to serving plates
- Sprinkle with black pepper and chopped green onions
In addition to a few different ingredients, you can see that the method of cooking your eggs is very important to this process. Firstly, coating the bottom of your pan with butter keeps the eggs from sticking to the pan and adds a nice thick flavor. While non-stick pans are great for making breakfast cooking quick and easy, we still recommend coating your pain for the best results.
When it comes to learning how to make the perfect scrambled eggs, you should also continuously stir the eggs until they are done cooking. This prevents large clumps of cooked egg from forming, which also makes the eggs cook at different speeds. Along with that, you want to ensure that your heat is not too high on the pan, or else the eggs will lose their creamy texture and cook too quickly. Removing the eggs from the heat after one minute is optimal for a softer, scrambled egg texture. And you don’t have to worry about them being undercooked if the pan was at medium-high heat from the start.
Each of the items below is per serving.
- Calories: 282
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 347mg
- Sodium: 553mg
- Potassium: 121mg
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 11g
- Vitamin A: 1195IU
- Calcium: 59mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
We guarantee that changing up your every day egg routine will make this breakfast a staple in your household. Little tricks and added ingredients can help increase the flavor and improve the consistency of any dish. We hope you never have to wonder how to make the perfect scrambled eggs again.
Also Read: The Easiest Way to Cook Bacon Perfectly Every Time