Fish Chilli: Delicious Recipes Worth Cooking
If you like fish and chillies this should be the next cook on your list of recipes to try out.
Fried fish cooked in a sticky thick sauce, packed with heat and flavors that will zing your taste buds.
Perfect with rice, salads, or on its own in a big a bowl.
Watch the Fish Chilli Recipe video above to see how simple it really is to make. The hardest part is knowing what to serve it with.
All ingredients and steps are included below.
Check Out: Transform Your Diet in 10 Easy Steps
- 14 oz of Rawas Fish Fillets (Cut into chunks)
- 3 tbsps. of Cornflour
- 1 Egg
- Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp. of Garlic (Chopped)
- 1/4 tbsp. of Ginger (Chopped)
- 1-2 Fresh Red Chillies (Sliced diagonally)
- 1 medium Onion (Cut into cubes)
- 1 medium Green Capsicum (Cut into cubes)
- 1 tsp. of Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. of Spring Green Onions (Chopped)
- Salt (To taste)
- Black Peppercorns (Crushed and added to taste)
- In a bowl add the fish and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add 2 tbsps. of cornflour and the egg, then mix. Leaving it to marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a pan add cooking oil over medium-high heat. Then fry the marinated fish until cooked (3-5 minutes).
- In a clean pan add 1 tbsp. of cooking oil and over medium heat add the garlic, ginger, red chillies, onion, green capsicum, soy sauce, and 1/2 cup of water.
- Add to taste, salt and black pepper to the pan in step 4.
- In a small dish add 1 tbsp of cornflour and 2 tbsp of water to create a slurry. Add the slurry to the pan (step 4).
- Mix in the fried fish from step 3 and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Top with spring onions 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Serve while hot with rice or on its own.
Tell us what you think of this Fish Chilli Recipe on Facebook.