There’s all manner of ways to cook a potato. Some love to thinly slice for crunchy fries, others like a creamy mash:
Yet, the tastiest way to cook a potato has to be roasting. And this Crispy Potato Roast recipe delivers the best of both worlds – crispy and soft in all the right places.
With salty bacon, fresh herbs, and a mix of textures that’ll take your mouth on a journey. This recipe is guaranteed to elevate any meal it accompanies.
Don’t believe us? Watch the short recipe video above and get cooking with the ingredients and steps below:
- 1 kg Potatoes
- 1 small Onion
- 200 g Bacon (or Pancetta)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 100 ml Cream (20% or Half and Half)
- 10 g Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Black Pepper (Seasoning)
- Peel and slice the potatoes thinly., Slice them crosswise so that they can be arranged later.
- Peel and slice the onion very thinly, into half-moons.
- Preheat the oven to 170 c.
- In a baking dish add 1 tbsp. of oil and spread it around the inner surface.
- Arrange your potato slices vertically in the baking dish.
- Place slices of onion randomly between slices of potato.
- Once the baking dish is filled with potato and onion, add the cream.
- Add salt and black pepper (to taste).
- Place the baking dish in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut the bacon (or pancetta) into chunks.
- Over medium heat, add the remaining oil to a pan and cook the bacon (or pancetta) until golden brown.
- After 30 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven.
- Scatter the cooked bacon or pancetta and cooking juices over the potatoes.
- Finely chop the thyme, and sprinkle over the top of the potatoes.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when the potato edges are golden and crispy.
- Serve while hot and delicious.
Tell us what you think of this Crispy Potato Roast recipe on Facebook.