Dinner made in a single pot Oh yes! It’s possible, it’s delicious, and we’re about to show you how it’s done in this creamy vegan one pot pasta recipe.
This dish can be prepared in 5 minutes and cooked in 25. Check out the video above to see how it is done, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Also Read: 13 Delectable Gift Ideas for Foodies
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 tsps of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of Yellow Onion (roughly chopped)
- 4 medium Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 ½ cups of Mushrooms (diced into small chunks)
- 2 cups of Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 ½ cups of Non-Dairy Milk (unsweetened)
- ½ pound of Dried Pasta (230 grams – spaghetti, fettuccine, etc.)
- 1 tbsp of Water
- 2 tsp of Corn Starch
- 1 ½ tsp of Salt
- ½ tsp of Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Vegan Butter
- ¾ cup of Fresh Basil (finely chopped, plus more for garnish)
- Heat a large pot with olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and milk then bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions, or until the pasta is cooked and tender. This will take somewhere around 10-12 minutes but can vary depending on the type of pasta you use.
- Stir the pasta frequently.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the water and cornstarch to a small bowl and stir to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Add the cornstarch slurry, as well as the salt, pepper, and vegan butter to the pot. Cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens nicely.
- Turn the heat off and add the basil.
- Stir to combine.
- Plate the pasta and garnish with additional pepper and fresh basil if desired.
Tell us what you think of this Creamy Vegan One Pot Pasta recipe on Facebook now.