Corn Potato Tikki: Delicious Recipes Worth Cooking
[brid autoplay=”true” video=”810591″ player=”22750″ title=”Corn%20Potato%20Tikki” duration=”70″ description=”Looking for a new potato or corn recipe? Well, these Corn Potato Tikki\’s make a perfect side for any protein or featured veggie. Check out the video now. ” uploaddate=”2014-03-17″ thumbnailurl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/15887/thumb/810591_t_1624517752.png” contentUrl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/15887/sd/810591.mp4″]
If you’ve got an excess of corn and potatoes in your kitchen we have a recipe that might give those ingredients new life:
This Corn Potato Tikki Recipe is simple to make and can go from ingredients to finished snack or side in less than 30 minutes.
So if you love crunchy potato, a little spice, and have some time, check out the video above and get cooking:
Or swipe down to see the ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
- 2 Medium Potatoes (Peeled and grated)
- 3/4 cup of Corn Kennels (Boiled and mashed)
- 1 tbsp. of Fresh Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- 1-2 Green Chilies (Chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. of Garam Masala Powder
- Salt (To taste)
- 1 tsp. of Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp. of Cooking Oil
- In a bowl add the potatoes, corn, coriander, chilies, garam masala powder, lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Use your hands to roll the mix into a Tikki shape (see video above) and place them on a plate.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the cooking oil and let it heat through before adding the Tikki’s.
- When the oil is hot, add the Tikki’s and cook until golden brown and crispy on each side.
- When cooked, put the Tikki’s on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- After a minute of draining, serve on a clean plate, with garnish and dipping sauce of your choosing.
Tell us what you think of this Corn Potato Tikki Recipe on Facebook.