Did you know Italian cuisine is #1 in the United States?
And with this classic Tomato and Basil Pasta recipe, you’ll be cooking a traditional dish that’ll have your family and friends asking for more.
Check out the recipe video above, or swipe down to see the ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
Related: Italian Is USA’s #1 Favorite Cuisine, Find Out Why Now.
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Medium Tomatoes
- 5 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 tsps. of Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Black Pepper (To taste)
- 1-2 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 40g of Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- Pre-made Pasta (any type)
- Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and add to a clean bowl.
- Stack your basil leaves, largest to smallest. Then roll the stack and finely chop.
- Add the chopped basil leaves to the tomatoes.
- In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil and the garlic.
- Cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and basil to the pan. Then stir.
- Add italian seasoning, salt and black pepper.
- Toss the ingredients in the pan and make sure they’re well coated with seasoning.
- Let the ingredients simmer for 7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Over medium-high heat, add a large pan of water and a pinch of salt.
- Once the water is boiling add your pasta and cook al dente (so that it has bite).
- When the pasta is al dente, drain it, and add it to a serving bowl.
- Add the cooked tomatoes and basil from the pan to the serving bowl and gently fold the ingredients together.
- Top the pasta with parmesan cheese and serve.
Tell us what you think of this classic Tomato and Basil Pasta recipe on Facebook now.