Almost everyone who eats meat loves chicken and noodle soup. That’s until you sit next to someone eating it and all you can hear is noodle slurp as they suck down those noodles:
Chicken Twist Soup simply replaces noodles with pasta twirls. And trust us, this recipe has the power to save a marriage, no one wants to listen to 20 years of noodle slurp.
Gone are the days of grown adults needing bibs, as each mouthful isn’t followed with a 3-second rush to consume a huge knotted collection of noodles covered in juice.
- 1 1/2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 cup Onion (Chopped)
- 2/3 cup Celery (Sliced)
- 1 1/1 cups Carrot (Sliced)
- 2 cups Water
- 4 cups Chicken Stock (Unsalted)
- 3 Thyme Sprigs (Fresh)
- 6 oz. Wholegrain Rotini
- 8 oz. Chicken Breast (Shredded)
- 4 oz. Chicken Thigh (Shredded)
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Over medium heat, add canola oil to a saucepan.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots to the pan and mix.
- Prepare your chicken stock with hot water.
- In a jug combine 2 cups of water with the chicken stock.
- Add the mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the thyme sprigs to the saucepan.
- Add the rotini to the saucepan and stir.
- Lower the temperature and let the soup simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast and thigh to the soup (pre-cooked chicken).
- Add salt, pepper, and mix the soup.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes, or until the pasta and carrots are to taste.
- Serve and garnish to taste with herbs, salt, and pepper.
Please let us know if you make this Chicken Twist Soup recipe on Facebook.