There’s nothing quite like comfort food, and this chicken and potato soup is like a giant blanket being wrapped around you.
Including chunky vegetables and salty bacon, this soup almost crosses the line into a stew with its chunkiness.
Important: This recipe uses a combination of pan searing and slow cooker:
- 4 Bacon Rashers (Roughly diced)
- 4 Chicken Thighs (Boneless)
- 1-2 tsp Garlic and Herb blend (Shop brought)
- 2 cups of Leeks (Finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup of Carrots (Roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup of Celery (Roughly chopped)
- 2 cups of Chicken Stock (Unsalted)
- 2-3 sprigs of Thyme
- 8-12 Baby Potatoes (Whole)
- 1-2 cups of Baby Spinach
- Over medium heat, add cooking oil and bacon to a frying pan. Cook until golden brown.
- Season the chicken thighs with garlic and herb blend.
- Then cook in the frying pan for 8-minutes, or until seared. Remove from the pan when done.
- Add the leeks, carrots, celery, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- In a slow cooker layer your seared chicken thighs, sauteed vegetables, cooked bacon, and add the remaining chicken stock.
- Season with salt and black pepper. thyme, and cook on medium for 2 hours.
- Add whole baby potatoes and cook for a further 2 hours.
- Remove the thyme and chicken. Then shred the chicken and return it to the slow cooker.
- Add the baby spinach and continue to cook until it wilts. Serve when done.
Please let us know if you make this Chicken and Potato Soup recipe on Facebook.