Banana Fritters: Delicious Recipes Worth Cooking
Making dough isn’t easy the first time. So be warned, these banana fritters may end up goop if you don’t follow the steps carefully:
Fortunately, this recipe covers everything in detail. So if you take your time and don’t cut corners, you’ll end up with the best banana dessert dish ever…
And yes, that includes better than banana bread.
Don’t believe us? Watch the short recipe video above and get cooking with the ingredients and steps below:
- 4 Bananas (1 needs to be ripe)
- Cooking Oil (To deep fry)
- 1/2 cup of Sugar Powder
- 1/2 tbsp. of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 medium Egg
- 1-2 Oz of Margarine
- 1/3 cup of Milk (Any type)
- 12 Oz of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- With the ripest banana, break it into pieces, and mash until a pulp in a bowl.
- In the same bowl, mix the egg, 1/3 cup of sugar powder, margarine, milk, flour, mashed banana, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix until combined and dough-like.
- Once combined, dust a surface with flour, and put the dough on top. Then dust the dough with flour.
- Roll out the dough so that it is roughly 1 cm thick (less than half of an inch).
- Using a dough cutter, cut the dough into round shapes big enough to fold over the banana chunks made in step 2.
- Cut the 3 remaining bananas into inch-long pieces.
- On top of each round shape, add one banana piece, and fold. Sealing the ends around the banana.
- Once sealed, gently roll the dough into a ball.
- Add cooking oil to a pan, or deep fryer. The oil needs to be high enough to cover the dough.
- Preheat the oil over medium-high heat, and once hot, add the dough balls.
- Cook each dough ball until evenly golden brown. This may take anywhere between 3 and 7 minutes.
- Once golden brown, remove from the oil and leave to drain on paper towels for 5 minutes.
- Add the banana fritters to a plate, dust with the remaining sugar (to taste), and serve while still warm.
Tell us what you think of this Banana Fritters recipe on Facebook.