Cook up something with an Asian fusion flavor with this baked sesame salmon recipe. It’s rich with soy sauce, sweet chili, and honey, making it sticky, sweet, and tangy on the tongue:
And the best thing of all, it is really easy to cook. All you need is a little time to marinade the salmon and the dish will turn out super-flavorful.
In all honesty, the hardest part in making your dish look exactly like the one in the video will be getting the rice right. We recommend cheating and using microwaveable rice:
(We do, as the amount of times we’ve over-boiled rice into goop is ridiculous).
Check out the Baked Sesame Salmon recipe in the short video above. Ingredients and steps are included below.
- 1 lb (500g) of Salmon
- Salt (To taste)
- Black Pepper (To taste)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 inch of Ginger (Freshly grated)
- 1 tbsp. of Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp. of Rice Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsps. of Honey
- 1 tbsp. of Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsps. of Soy Sauce
- Sesame Seeds (Topping)
- Green Onion (Finely Chopped)
- Cut the salmon into four portions and remove bones.
- Season each portion with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- In a bowl add the minced garlic, grated ginger, sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, and mix thoroughly.
- In a clean large bowl add your salmon portions and sauce (step 3).
- Make sure each salmon portion is well marinaded in the sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Once marinaded add to a baking tray, skin side down, and bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 Fahrenheit.
- Every 5 minutes during cooking, brush the salmon portions with the marinade for extra flavor.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and top with sesame seeds and green onions (to taste).
- Serve while hot on seasoned rice and a side of broccoli florets.
Tell us what you think of this Baked Sesame Salmon recipe on Facebook.