Baked Sesame Salmon: Recipes Worth Cooking
Cook up something a little Asian tonight with this Baked Sesame Salmon recipe. It’s rich with soy sauce, sweet chili, and honey, making it sticky, sweet, and tangy on the tongue:
And the best thing of all, it is really easy to cook. All you need is a little time to marinade the salmon and the dish will turn out super-flavorful.
In all honesty, the hardest part in making your dish look exactly like the one in the video will be getting the rice right. We recommend cheating and using microwaveable rice:
(We do, as the amount of times we’ve over-boiled rice into goop is ridiculous).
Check out the Baked Sesame Salmon recipe in the short video above. Ingredients and steps are included below.
- 1 lb (500g) of Salmon
- Salt (To taste)
- Black Pepper (To taste)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 inch of Ginger (Freshly grated)
- 1 tbsp. of Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp. of Rice Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsps. of Honey
- 1 tbsp. of Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsps. of Soy Sauce
- Sesame Seeds (Topping)
- Green Onion (Finely Chopped)
- Cut the salmon into four portions and remove bones.
- Season each portion with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- In a bowl add the minced garlic, grated ginger, sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, and mix thoroughly.
- In a clean large bowl add your salmon portions and sauce (step 3).
- Make sure each salmon portion is well marinaded in the sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Once marinaded add to a baking tray, skin side down, and bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 Fahrenheit.
- Every 5 minutes during cooking, brush the salmon portions with the marinade for extra flavor.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and top with sesame seeds and green onions (to taste).
- Serve while hot on seasoned rice and a side of broccoli florets.
Tell us what you think of this Baked Sesame Salmon recipe on Facebook.