Apple Walnut Salad: Delicious Recipes Worth Cooking
[brid autoplay=”true” video=”809023″ player=”22750″ title=”Apple%20Walnut%20Salad” duration=”57″ description=”It is time for summer food, and that means light salads that work as both mains and sides. This ever-popular Apple Walnut Salad is sweet, crunchy, and perfect with any protein. ” uploaddate=”2014-03-17″ thumbnailurl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/15887/thumb/809023_t_1624341054.png” contentUrl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/15887/sd/809023.mp4″]
This Apple Walnut Salad takes 5 minutes to make and requires no cooking, only slicing and mixing:
And not only is it deliciously sweet and crunchy, it requires one bowl, one knife, and one fork to make – so very little mess to deal with.
This salad works amazingly as a side for pork or as a topping for crunchy flavorful breads.
Check out the video above to see how simple this recipe is to make or swipe down to see the ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
- 1/2 Medium Red Apple
- 1/2 Medium Green Apple
- 1/4 Cup of Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. of Grainy Mustard
- 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- Salt (To taste)
- Black Peppercorns (To taste)
- 2-3 tbsps. of Cabbage (Shredded)
- 2-3 tbsps. of Purple Cabbage (Shredded)
- 2 tbsps. of Carrot (Strips)
- 2 tbsps. of Pink Radish (Thinly chopped)
- 1 tbsp. of Celery (Thinly chopped)
- 1 tbsp. of Dried Cranberries
- 8-10 California Walnut Kernels
- Thinly slice your red and green apple into equally sized pieces.
- In a bowl add your yogurt, grainy mustard, olive oil, and season to taste (salt and black peppercorns).
- Mix thoroughly, and then add cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots, radish, celery, and cranberries.
- Add the apple slices and walnuts to the top.
- Fold the ingredients in the bowl so that they’re coated with the yogurt mix.
- Serve while the ingredients are fresh.
Tell us what you think of this Apple Walnut Salad Recipe on Facebook.