In our opinion, there’s something about the crunch of an Apple Crumble that makes it a real rival of the classic apple pie:
They share the same flavors and can be accompanied by custard, cream, or ice cream equally well.
Yet, the soft pastry top of an apple pie, versus the texture of a rough crumble is a hard food battle to call. That’s why we recommend making this Apple Crumble recipe – just as a reminder of how good it can be.
Watch the short recipe video above and follow the ingredients and cooking steps below:
- 2 cups of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup of Flour
- 1/4 cup of Honey
- 4 tbsps of Almond Flakes
- 60g of Unsalted Butter
- 4 Apples
- 2 tbsps of Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of Cornstarch
- Salt (For seasoning)
- Sugar (For taste)
- Peel and core the apples.
- Cut the apples into bite-sized chunks.
- Place the fruit into a large bowl, and sprinkle over the cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and sugar to taste.
- Mix the ingredients in the bowl (step 3) and then spoon the apples into a buttered ovenproof dish.
- In a pan, over low heat, melt the butter and add the honey. Mix to combine.
- In a clean bowl, mix the oats, flour, and almond flakes
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Remove the pan (step 5) from the heat and add the oat mix (step 6). Stir to combine with honey and butter.
- Sprinkle the oat mix (step 7) over the apples in the ovenproof dish.
- Use the back of a spoon or fingers to press down the oat mixture onto the apples.
- Bake in the oven at medium heat for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Once cooked, serve warm with ice cream, cream, or custard.
Please tell us what you think of this Apple Crumble recipe on Facebook if you make it.