In our opinion, there’s something about the crunch of an Apple Crumble that makes it a real rival of the classic apple pie:
They share the same flavors and can be accompanied with custard, cream, or ice cream equally well.
Yet, the soft pastry top of an apple pie, versus the texture of rough crumble is a hard food battle to call…
That’s why we recommend making this Apple Crumble recipe – just as a reminder to how good it can be.
Watch the short recipe video above and follow the ingredients and cooking steps below:
- 2 cups of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup of Flour
- 1/4 cup of Honey
- 4 tbsps of Almond Flakes
- 60g of Unsalted Butter
- 4 Apples
- 2 tbsps of Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of Cornstarch
- Salt (For seasoning)
- Sugar (For taste)
- Peel and core the apples.
- Cut the apples into bite-sized chunks.
- Place the fruit into a large bowl, sprinkle over the cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and sugar to taste.
- Mix the ingredients in the bowl (step 3) and then spoon the apples into a buttered ovenproof dish.
- In a pan, over low heat, melt the butter and add the honey. Mix to combine.
- In a clean bowl, mix the oats, flour, almond flakes, and add a pinch of salt.
- Remove the pan (step 5) from the heat and add the oat mix (step 6). Stir to combine with honey and butter.
- Sprinkle the oat mix (step 7) over the apples in the ovenproof dish.
- Use the back of a spoon or fingers to press down the oat mixture onto the apples.
- Bake in the oven at medium heat for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Once cooked, serve warm with ice cream, cream, or custard.
Please tell us what you think of this Apple Crumble recipe on Facebook if you make it.