These vegan stuffed shells are surprisingly easy to prepare and will make you feel like a top chef. It’s also a showstopper that never fails to wow dinner party guests. The flavor of the sauce is carried throughout the dish, so a great marinara or arrabbiata sauce is crucial.
This salad only takes 20 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook. Check out the video above to see how they are made or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Also Read: 12 Surprisingly Sugary Foods And Drinks
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 12 ounces of Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 16 ounces of Tofu (Firm or Extra-Firm, Pressed)
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (Roughly Chopped)
- 5 medium Garlic Cloves
- ¼ cup of Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 tsps of Dried Oregano
- 2 tsps of Salt
- ¾ tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp of Red Chili Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- 2 tsps of Nutritional Yeast
- 1 medium Lemon (Juiced)
- 1 cup of Spinach Leaves
- 25 ounces jar of flavorful Marinara Sauce (Divided)
- ½ cup of Vegan Cheese (Shredded, Optional)
- Fresh Basil Leaves (For Garnish, Optional)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the jumbo pasta shells according to the prebake cooking directions on the package.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and rinse with cold water to prevent sticking. Set the pasta aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tofu, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper, red chili pepper flakes (if using), nutritional yeast, and lemon juice.
- Pulse 15 times or until partially mixed.
- Add the spinach and pulse just a few more times until combined.
- The resulting texture should be ricotta-like. Do not over pulse or your ricotta will turn green!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Pour half of the marinara sauce into a 9 × 13 inch baking dish, spreading to evenly coat the bottom of the dish.
- One by one, fill each cooked shell with a generous spoonful of the tofu ricotta filling and place it in the prepared baking dish.
- Continue until the tofu mixture is gone and the baking dish is filled.
- Sprinkle the vegan cheese (if using) on top.
- Drizzle the remaining marinara sauce over the stuffed shells.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes or until the cheese (if using) is melted and the edges of the shells are lightly browned.
- Garnish with the basil leaves (if using).
- Serve immediately and enjoy hot.
Tell us what you think of this Vegan Stuffed Shells recipe on Facebook now.