This Vegan Pad Thai recipe is quick and easy to make. And it is surprisingly reminiscent of that which you’d find at a restaurant—except it’s healthier and far more budget-friendly. This recipe will make enough to fill two hungry bellies.
This recipe can be prepared in just 5 minutes and cooked in 20. Check out the video above to see how it is done, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 package of Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles (8oz)
- 2 tbsps of Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Broccoli (Chopped)
- ¼ cup of Carrots (Julienned)
- 5 cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 cup of Water
- 4 tbsps of Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsps of Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 lemon or 2 limes Juiced
- 3 tbsps of Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Sriracha (plus more for topping)
- Pptional garnishes: grilled or fried tofu, sliced green onions, bean sprouts, chopped peanuts, lime
You don’t have to have broccoli. The vegetables used in this dish are customizable. So use your favorites.
- Soak brown rice pad thai noodles in hot water in a large bowl for 15 minutes or according to package directions.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and sauté the broccoli, carrots, garlic, and any other veggies you’d like.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the 1 cup of water with soy sauce, peanut butter, lemon or lime juice, sugar, and Sriracha.
- Drain the soaked noodles and add them to the veggie stir fry pan along with the peanut sauce. Allow to cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with optional garnishes like tofu, sliced green onions, chopped peanuts, Sriracha, and/or a sliver of lemon or lime.
Tell us what you think of this Vegan Pad Thai recipe on Facebook now.