This German-inspired creamy cucumber salad with fresh dill and tangy coconut yogurt is a refreshing, plant-based side. It requires just 10 ingredients, 1 bowl, and one spoon to make.
This salad only takes 15 minutes to prepare, cook, and have ready. Check out the video above to see how they are made or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Also Read: 12 Surprisingly Sugary Foods And Drinks
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2/3 cup of Red Onion (Finely diced or halved and thinly sliced with a mandolin)
- 1 large Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 1 cup of Unsweetened Plain Coconut Yogurt
- 2 tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1-2 tsp of Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup of Dill (Finely chopped)
- 2 cups of Cucumber (Halved lengthwise, thinly sliced)
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the onion, garlic, coconut yogurt, salt, pepper, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard, and maple syrup.
- Mix these ingredients until smooth.
- Add the dill and sliced cucumber and mix again until the cucumber is well coated with the dressing.
- Taste and adjust as needed, adding lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for acidity, maple syrup to balance out the acidity, dill for that herby flavor, or more cucumber for a less saucy dressing.
- Once tasted, serve while fresh.
For a less intense onion or garlic flavor, you can soak the onion and garlic in boiling water for 5 minutes, then strain well before step one.
Plus, if you want to prepare in advance, store dressing and cucumber separately in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. The dressing is not freezer friendly.
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 127
- Carbohydrates: 8.4 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 373 mg
- Potassium: 28 mg
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Vitamin A: 155 IU
- Vitamin C: 8.1 mg
- Calcium: 24.3 mg
- Iron: 0.8 mg
Nutritional information is based on ingredients and serving measurements only.
Tell us what you think of this Creamy Cucumber Salad recipe on Facebook now.