Classic Steak And Potatoes: Delicious Family Recipes
Everyone has their favorite steak and potatoes recipes. Steps to cook a steak well rarely changes (pun intentional), tenderize, season, and cook rare but hot for great charring:
What does change is the sides, and these baby buttered potatoes, tender beans, and drizzle of sauce adds a touch of finesse over a baked potato or garlicy mash.
At the very least, this steak and potatoes recipe is worth trying, especially as the ingredients are so easy to find.
Per 12 bacon and broccoli frittatas:
- Steak (pick your favorite)
- Shallots (finely diced)
- Garlic (finely diced)
- Rosemary (finely chopped)
- Red Pepper (crushed)
- Olive Oil (drizzle)
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 300 ml Beef Stock
- 300 ml Orange Juice
- 2-4 tbsps Brown Sugar
- Butter (to taste)
- 2-4 tbsps Lemon Juice
- Baby Potatoes (Halved)
- Green Beans
- Parmesan Cheese (to taste)
1. In a bowl mix the shallots, garlic, rosemary, and red pepper.
2. Prepare your steak with a drizzle of olive oil, a large pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Do this to both sides.
3. In a hot pan, add a splash of oil and add the steak. Base your timings on the size of your steak (see below):
- Rare: A 1″ thick steak should be cooked for 8 minutes at 130 degrees. Flipping after 5 minutes.
- Medium: Cook for 10 minutes at 150 degrees. Flipping after 6 minutes.
(Timings are for a 1″ seared stove cooked steak only in a pre-heated pan)
4. Once the steak is cooked, put it to one side and cover lightly. Let it rest for the same time you cooked it for.
5. In the pan add your mix and let it cook down for 3-5 minutes. Cover it if possible.
6. Add your beef stock, orange juice, brown sugar, and a pinch of kosher salt to the pan and mix. Let this simmer until reduced.
7. In a new pan add butter and season with salt and pepper. Once melted add your potatoes and beans. Season with salt and pepper, add lemon juice and cook until soft.
8. Add parmesan cheese to the potatoes and beans once off the heat.
9. Cut the steak into strips and serve with the potatoes and beans.
10. From the simmering pan, top your plated steak with the sauce (reduction).
Let us know if you make this Classic Steak and Potatoes recipe on Facebook.