Peanut Butter Stuffed Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Do you know what happens when you have had a busy week and at 9pm on a Thursday night you find a container of Eat Pastry Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip cookie dough you forgot you had in the freezer? Well, you thaw that cookie dough while watching a DVR’d episode of Modern Family, you bake the cookies, you stuff them with peanut butter, and finally you dip them in dark chocolate.
Because you’re crazy like that… and by you, I mean me.
Last night I was feeling the sweets and the cupcake I indulged in while reading #GirlBoss (best book EVER) needed just a bite of a cookie sandwich to go along with it. What can I say, I’ve been eating super healthy lately and needed a treat (or two).
Plus, a #GirlBoss would never deny a craving… so cookies it was- or, cookies stuffed with peanut butter dipped in dark chocolate… Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 recipe for your favorite Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup of dark chocolate, chopped
- Wire rack
- Cookie Sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake up your favorite oatmeal cookies and let them cool fully on a wire rack
- Smooth 1 tbsp of peanut butter on one cookie and top it with another cookie, making a sandwich
- Continue until you have used up all of the cookies
- Allow the peanut butter to set while you are melting the dark chocolate
- Place the wire rack on top of the parchment lined cookie sheet
- Place the chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals until it is smooth
- Dip one side of the cookie sandwich into the chocolate
- Place it on the wire rack
- Continue until you have done all of the sandwiches
- Drizzle extra chocolate over the cookies
- Allow chocolate to fully set before storing in an airtight container
Side note, this isn’t sponsored by Eat Pastry in any way- they just make insanely good gluten free and vegan cookie dough (that you can find in most Whole Foods or specialty stores). They just happen to be a company that I love very much.
Kris Drewry is a freelance host on several nationally broadcast networks. Her first book, Breakup Positive, was published in February 2018.