Peanut Butter Chicken: Delicious Recipes Worth Cooking
It’s amazing what can be done with good old peanut butter:
A versatile ingredient that can find its way into every course of a meal, from appetizer to pudding. In this recipe, we’re delivering the mouth-watering main Peanut Butter Chicken.
Watch the short recipe video above to see just how simple it is to make. The ingredients and steps are below:
- 1/2 cup of Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsps of Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsps of Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsps of Honey
- 1 cup of Coconut Milk (Or cream)
- 1 tsp of Ginger (Grated)
- 3 cloves of Garlic (Grated)
- 1 3/4 lbs of Chicken Breast (Chopped)
- 2-3 tbsps of Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp of Cumin
- 1/4 cup of Sesame Seeds
- 1 cup of uncooked Rice (4 Servings)
- 2-4 tbsps of Coriander (Finely chopped)
- Put the uncooked rice into a saucepan, cover with water and add salt.
- Boil the rice at medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until soft. Remove from heat and drain to avoid over-cooking.
- In a bowl whisk until combined the peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, and coconut milk.
- Add the grated ginger and garlic to the bowl, again whisking until mixed.
- In a pan add the vegetable oil and cook the chicken breast for 5-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Season the chicken as it cooks with salt, black pepper, and cumin.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, add the peanut butter mix to the pan.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes, adding the sesame seeds and stirring.
- Cook until the peanut butter mixture thickens in the pan.
- Flake your rice to separate it and portion.
- Add the peanut butter chicken to your cooked rice.
- Serve with a sprinkle of coriander.
Please let us know if you make this Peanut Butter Chicken recipe on Facebook.