Most people want to stay active while on vacation, but it can be hard to make it a priority. Because of limited time, minimal access to a fitness center, and a general lack of motivation, working out usually takes a back seat.
However, if you can make it a priority, just a few workouts during your holiday has many health benefits such as increased energy, mood, and can aid in relaxation and sleep.
With this in mind, we have brought you three intense travel workouts that can be completed in 15 minutes and require no equipment. Find a space in your hotel room or on the beach and get started!
- 1-minute of bodyweight squats
- 30 seconds of squat jumps
- 1-minute of push-ups or modified push-ups
- 30 seconds of mountain climbers
- 1-minute if alternating step back lunges
- 30 seconds of lunge jumps
- 1-minute tricep dips
- 30 seconds of plank ups
- 1-minute glute bridges
- 30 seconds of burpee tuck jumps or regular burpees
- Rest 1-3 minutes and Repeat
- 300m beach run – 20 jumping squats – 15 push-ups – 10 burpees
- 300m beach run – 20 jumping lunges – 15 pike push-ups – 10 tuck jumps
- 300m beach run – 10/10 one legged deadlifts – 15 push-ups – 30 mountain climbers
- 300m beach run – 20 crab kicks – 15 shoulder tap push-ups – 10 burpees
If you are looking for something more modified check out this workout by Christian Palmer, WNBF Pro, Nutrition Expert & Personal Trainer.
- Stationary back stepping lunges 5 x 10
- Glute bridges 5 x 20
- Modified push-ups 5 x 12
- Superman hyperextentions: 5 x 20
- High knees in place OR lateral shuffles back and forth: 5 x 45 seconds
Do these exercises sequentially, completing one set at a time with no rest in between each set.