Middle Eastern Chicken Tikka: Recipes Worth Cooking
If you love the hands-on experience and texture of Asian style Satay Chicken, this Middle Eastern Chicken Tikka recipe is the perfect new dish to try:
For more on this recipe, check out the video above, or swipe down to see the ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
- 1/2 cup of Yogurt
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Cream
- 1/2 tbsp. of Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tbsp. of Green Chili Paste
- Crushed Black Peppercorns (To taste)
- Salt (To taste)
- 1 Pinch of Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp. of Cornflour
- 1 tbsp. of Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp of Cooking Oil
- 14oz. of Boneless Chicken Legs (Cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes)
- Skewer Satay Sticks
- Butter (For brushing)
- Onion (Sliced into rings)
- Lettuce (Shredded)
- Lemon (Cut into wedges)
- Aioli (To taste)
- Coriander (Finely chopped)
- Add the yogurt, fresh cream, garlic paste, green chili paste, peppercorns, salt, garam masala powder, cornflour, lemon juice and cooking oil to a bowl and combine.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and make sure it is well coated.
- Place the bowl with chicken in a fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and skewer 4-5 marinated chicken cubes onto each stick.
- Brush warmed butter onto the skewered chicken.
- Place the skewers on a rack in the oven and bake at 350 F / 180 C degrees for 15 minutes. Or until golden brown.
- Serve while hot with a side salad of onion, lettuce, and lemon wedges.
- Top with a tbsp of aioli and finely chopped coriander.
Tell us what you think of this Middle Eastern Chicken Tikka recipe on Facebook now.