When we cooked these Indian Spiced Vegetable Nuggets they turned out like fish cakes, not nuggets:
Yet, despite our portion control issues, if you can shape and size them correctly the punch of flavor is truly exotic.
Don’t let our failings put you off testing out this recipe, they are genuinely super-easy to cook. Just take into account the size of your hands (the person in the video has smaller than average hands) and you’ll not only have a tasty plate of food, you’ll have an attractive one too.
Don’t believe us? Check out how these vegetable nuggets are served up in the short recipe video above.
- 1 cup of Potatoes (Boiled and grated)
- 3/4 cup of Cauliflower (Grated)
- 1/4 cup of Green Capsicum (Finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup of Carrots (Finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup of French Beans (Finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Coriander Leaves (Finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup of Dried Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. of Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp. of Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp. of Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp. of Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp. of Red Chili Powder
- Salt and Crushed Black Peppercorns to taste
- 2-3 tbsps. of Cornflour
- 1/2 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs
- Add all the ingredients, except for the cornflour and panko breadcrumbs into a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Using your hands, take a small amount of mixture and roll into a nugget shape (watch the video to see size and shape).
- Repeat step 2 until all the mixture has been used.
- In a clean bowl add the cornflour and mix with water until combined and lump-free.
- On a plate add the panko breadcrumbs.
- Take each nugget and dip it in the cornflour mix and then coat in panko breadcrumbs.
- Repeat step 7 until all nuggets are coated.
- In a pan add frying oil and preheat (medium heat).
- Once the oil is ready to fry, add the nuggets, ensuring they are submerged beneath the oil.
- Removed from the oil when golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Serve while hot with a dipping sauce of your choosing.
Tell us what you think of this Vegetable Nuggets recipe on Facebook.