This super-easy vegan one-pot sweet potato soup will be your solution for busy day dinners! Full of healthy veggies and super quick to prepare! Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil for a perfect finishing touch!
This recipe can be prepared in 10 minutes and cooked in 40. Check out the video above to see how it is done, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 cups of Sweet Potato
- 1 cup of Carrots
- ½ of a Red Onion (Roughly chopped)
- 1 clove of Garlic (Sliced)
- 1-inch Piece of Ginger (Peeled)
- 6 cups of Water
- ½ tsp of Salt
- ½ tsp of Pepper
- ¼ cup of Roughly Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Chili Flakes (Optional, for garnish)
- Fresh Thyme (Optional, for garnish)
- Wash the sweet potato as it will not be peeled.
- Cut the sweet potatoes and carrots into 1-inch chunks.
- Roughly cut the onion and garlic.
- Slice the ginger into thin slices.
- Add all the above-prepared ingredients to your pot.
- Now add 6 cups of water, the salt, and pepper, then bring to a boil.
- When the soup starts boiling, lower the heat and let it simmer for 40 minutes until all the vegetables have softened.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can pour the soup ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy that way.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley, and if desired, red pepper flakes and thyme.
Tell us what you think of this one-pot Sweet Potato Soup recipe on Facebook now.