Keto Italian Chicken Skewers are incredibly easy to make and require only a few ingredients. Better yet, they are healthy and full of flavor!
This recipe can be prepared in 10 minutes and cooked in 20. Check out the video above to see how it is done, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds of Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breast (Cut into 3-inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Plus extra for cooking)
- 1/2 cup of Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp of Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup of Parsley (Chopped)
- 4 cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Lemon (Zested and juiced)
- 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- Clean the chicken by running it under cold water.
- Then pat dry the chicken with paper towels.
- Cut and discard any fat pieces from the chicken.
- Cut chicken into 3-inch cubes and add to a large ziplock bag.
- In a medium bowl mix the rest of the ingredients: olive oil, buttermilk, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture on top of the chicken into the bag.
- Close the ziplock bag, shake to coat the chicken evenly in the marinade, and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Shake and toss the chicken during this period a few times, so it marinates evenly.
- For outdoor grilling, heat the grill until hot and spray it with cooking oil. For indoor cooking, place a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat and add to it about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on wooden skewers.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve with a salad, lemon, and your favorite dressings for dipping.
Amount per serving:
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Sodium: 391mg
- Potassium: 624mg
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 33g
- Vitamin A: 290IU
- Vitamin C: 14.7mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
Tell us what you think of these Italian Keto Chicken Skewers on Facebook now.