This Keto-friendly Blackened Chicken recipe is a hearty, protein-rich dish that is flavorful and easy to make. Pair it with salads and casseroles for a balanced meal!
This recipe can be prepared in 10 minutes and cooked in 20. Check out the video above to see how it is done, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsps of Paprika
- 1/4 tsp of Cumin
- 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp of Dried Thyme
- 1 tbsp of Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp of Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp of Canola Oil (Divided)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together all the seasonings, including paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Dry the chicken breasts with paper towels and coat them with two tablespoons of canola oil on both sides.
- Toss both sides in the seasoning mixture, pressing with your fingers to help the coating adhere.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat until smoking hot, for about 5 minutes.
- Add just about 1 tablespoon of canola oil and brush it well all over the skillet.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 30 seconds on each side to blacken.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven to finish cooking, for another 12-15 minutes.
- The chicken should be no longer pink in the center and the internal temperature should reach 160 degrees F.
- Remove chicken to a platter, cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 248
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Sodium: 718mg
- Potassium: 538mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 25g
- Vitamin A: 1850IU
- Vitamin C: 2.2mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
Tell us what you think of this Keto Blackened Chicken recipe on Facebook now.