This savory vegan chickpea stew recipe delivers a delicious high-protein meal, perfect to have as a quick lunch. It’s wonderful served with steamed rice, but it also pairs beautifully with toasted pita bread.
This vegan chickpea stew recipe can be prepared in 5 minutes and cooked in 10. Check out the video above to see how it is done, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Also Read: 13 Delectable Gift Ideas for Foodies
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 tbsp of Canola Oil
- 1 large clove of Garlic (diced)
- Small Red Onion (diced)
- 12 cups of Pasta Sauce
- 7 oz of cooked Chickpeas (about half a can)
- 1 Handful of Baby Spinach
- 7 oz of cooked White Rice
- Fresh Parsley Leaves (for garnish)
- Lemon Wedges (for garnish)
- Add oil to a pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- When the oil heats up, add the onions and garlic and cook them for a minute, stirring constantly.
- Add in the pasta sauce and turn the heat down to medium.
- When the sauce starts simmering, add in the chickpeas and the baby spinach.
- Stir the ingredients, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve on the side or over rice.
- Garnish with fresh parsley leaves and a lemon wedge.
Tell us what you think of this Vegan Chickpea Stew recipe on Facebook now.
Categorized: Food & Drink Recipes