Avocado Egg Salad is light and creamy, with buttery avocado, eggs, and seasonings for a flavor boost. It’s loaded with protein that’s perfect for a keto or low-carb diet.
This recipe takes 20 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook. Check out the video above to see how it is done, or read through the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Also Read: 12 Surprisingly Sugary Foods And Drinks
Ingredients (6 Servings)
- 2 Avocados (Peeled, deseeded, and chopped)
- 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise (Use yogurt for a healthier version)
- 1/4 cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 8 hard-boiled Eggs (Peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup of Celery (Finely chopped)
- 1/2 small Red Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp of Stone-Ground Mustard
- 1 tbsp of Dill (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp of Green Onion (Chopped)
- 1/4 tsp of Kosher Salt (Or to taste)
- Ground Black Pepper (To taste)
- 1/2 tsp of Paprika (Sweet or smoked)
- Chives (Chopped)
- Green Onion (Chopped)
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with the lemon juice together. Leave some medium/small chunks.
- Add mayo and greek yogurt, and stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then set the bowl aside.
- Boil and peel the eggs.
- Chop the eggs into 1/4 inch pieces. Add them to a large bowl.
- Add the mix in steps 1=3 to the eggs and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped chives, green onion, and paprika.
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 286
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 253mg
- Sodium: 263mg
- Potassium: 456mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 11g
- Vitamin A: 574IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- Iron: 1mg
Tell us what you think of this Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Recipe on Facebook now.