I’m pretty sure I don’t need to write too much about this ice cream cake- as the name pretty much speaks for itself. Layers of baked chocolate chip cookies, ice cream, raw cookie dough, more ice cream, and cookie crumbles all combine to make the most epic dessert of life.
(Can anyone stop at just one slice….. )
When Jessie from Eat Pastry asked me if I’d like to try out some of her vegan cookie dough it probably took me all of 5 seconds to respond with a resounding yes. I then realized that because the dough was vegan you can in fact (and it is encouraged) eat it raw. I decided that the possibilities were endless and I needed an insane dessert for a dinner party…. hello ice cream cake!
Happy Friday friends- make this ice cream cake over the weekend and let me know how it goes.
- 1 gallon of cookies and cream ice cream
- 1 gallon of vanilla ice cream
- 1 14oz container of vegan (or just egg free) chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 14oz container of vegan (or just egg free) chocolate cookie dough
- 2 cups of crumbled chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup of chocolate bark, for melting + garnish
- 1 springform pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a round springform pan with cooking spray, making sure to liberally coat the sides of the pan
- Spread the chocolate chip cookie dough evenly across the bottom of the pan
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the dough is baked but still slightly soft (not crispy)
- Remove from oven and let cool
- While the cookie crust is cooling remove the cookies and cream ice cream from the freezer and allow to melt slightly and get soft
- Once the crust is fully cooled pour 1/2 of the melted ice cream overtop of the crust. Spreading it out evenly
- Place crust + ice cream layer in the freezer for about an hour, making sure the ice cream is frozen again and hard before adding the next layer
- Remove the chocolate cookie dough from the refrigerator, allowing it to soften
- Spread the cookie dough evenly overtop of the ice cream layer, place back in the freezer
- Remove the vanilla ice cream from the freezer, allowing it to soften and melt slightly
- Pour 1/2 of the gallon of vanilla ice cream overtop of the cookie dough layer, spreading evenly
- Sprinkle the crumble chocolate chip cookies on top of the vanilla ice cream
- Place in freezer for several hours to allow the entire cake to harden and refreeze
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle overtop of the cake
- Place the ice cream cake back in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, allowing the chocolate to set
- Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan
- Cut and enjoy!
- This is basically just a layering process, don’t stress to much about amounts and layer away!
- If you don’t have a springform pan just layer this in a parchment paper lined pyrex
- If you can’t find vegan cookie dough just make your favorite dough and leave the eggs out of it
- Feel free to experiment with different flavors!
Kris Drewry is a freelance host on several nationally broadcast networks. Her first book, Breakup Positive, was published in February 2018.