Coconut Rice: Delicious Recipes Worth Cooking
If you love the taste of Caribbean food, then this Coconut Rice Recipe will make the perfect side:
Packed with heat from chilies and sweetness from coconut, the flavors are balanced without overpowering the senses and leaving your mouth burning.
(However, if you want it hotter, add more chili powder to the ingredients below).
Check out the video above to see how simple this recipe is:
Or swipe down to see the full list of ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
- 2 tbsps. of Ghee
- 1 tsp. of Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. of Cumin Seeds
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
- 2-3 Dried Red Chilies (Broken)
- 6-7 Cashew Nuts (Halved)
- 1 Carrot (Finely Chopped)
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Coconut (Scraped)
- 1/2 tsp. of Red Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 cups of Basmati Rice (Soaked and drained)
- 3 cups of Water
- 1/2 cup of Green Peas
- Salt (To taste)
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp. of Fresh Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- In a pan over medium heat add the ghee, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, dried red chilies, and mix.
- Add the cashew nuts, carrots, coconut, chili powder, and mix. Let this cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the basmati rice to the pan, along with the water, green peas, coconut milk, and stir well.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Cover the pan with a lid and leave on medium heat until the liquid reduces (stir to avoid burnt rice).
- Add 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves and again stir well.
- Serve while hot and top with more coriander.
Tell us what you think of this Coconut Rice Recipe on Facebook.