It’s no secret that oatmeal is my go to morning meal, quite possibly my favorite breakfast of all time. Although I don’t discriminate, sometimes I eat it for lunch and dinner too. With that being said I am always creating ways to mix it up a bit in the flavor department.
You name it, I’ve tried it. Although my favorite is typically of the chocolate and peanut butter variety, I’ve been looking for ways to change up my breakfast staple.
Enter, dark chocolate almond milk…. my new love.
I couldn’t wait to try a new oatmeal recipe with Silk dark chocolate almond milk, it’s quite a win-win in my book because it keeps my breakfast healthy but also thickens up the oatmeal nicely without adding unnecessary calories.
So let’s all beat this cold (hopefully turning warm soon) weather with a hot bowl of breakfast deliciousness…Coco-Nana Oats
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
- 1/2 tbsp of chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 of a medium sized banana, plus extra set aside for garnish
- 2 tbsp of chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp of honey or preferred sweetener
- 1 tbsp of cocoa nibs
- 1 tbsp of hemp hearts
- In a small pot combine the rolled oats, cashewmilk, chia seeds, salt, and banana.
- Over medium heat bring the mixture to a slow boil and continue to stir frequently.
- Cook for around 10-12 minutes, depending on how thick you prefer your oatmeal.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in the protein powder and sweetener- mixing until well combined.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 1-2 minutes, allowing the chia seeds to thicken up the oats.
- Place in a bowl and top with extra banana, cacao nibs, and hemp hemp hearts
- Enjoy warm!
**Cook’s note, if you prefer your oats to be less thick add in more milk towards the end- the same time that you add in the protein powder