Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownie Bites
In our house there is AAF football to be watched this weekend which means there are bite sized appetizers and desserts to be consumed. Plus, I’m hoping that a few of you are getting ready for spring and are looking for some inspiration in the kitchen.
I’m all about the salty/sweet combo (hence the pretzels) and I’m also all about peanut butter (of course). Feel free to remove the peanut butter and add in more butter instead- if you aren’t a fan.
You probably need to test these out this weekend.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter (not natural pb)
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of smashed pretzels
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt- set aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan and melt the butter, peanut butter, and chocolate together.
- Stir in the coffee granules until they are dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in both sugars, continue stirring until mixture is no longer grainy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and stir until combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips, stir gently.
- Pour batter, it will be thick, into the cupcake liners until they are 3/4 of the way full, and sprinkle to tops with pretzel crumbs.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Be sure not to over bake- these are pretty “cakey” brownies.
- Let cool for a minute or two before removing and cooling fully on a wire rack
Need an appetizer? Try these Super Easy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches