If you’re after a mid-morning snack that’s packed with flavor but only needs 10-minutes of effort, this Cheese Crostini recipe should top your list:
It’s packed with delicious brie cheese and topped with the earthy flavors of mushrooms, walnuts, onions, and peppery spice. Perfect to eat while on the move, as a snack, or even as brunch.
Watch the short recipe video above and get cooking with the ingredients and steps below:
- 1 block Brie Cheese
- 4 Rusks
- Black Peppercorns (Crushed and to taste)
- 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. of Green Garlic (Finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp. of Onions (Finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup of Button Mushrooms (Finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps. California Walnuts (Chopped)
- Salt (To taste)
- Thyme (To taste)
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Parsley (Finely chopped and added to taste)
- Slice the brie into rusk-sized wedges.
- On an oven-proof tray add the rusks.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees celsius.
- Top each rusk with a brie wedge.
- Add crushed black peppercorns to the brie (to taste).
- Put the rusks and brie into the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
- In a pan, over medium heat add the oil, chopped garlic, onions, mushrooms, walnuts, salt, a pinch of thyme, and mix.
- When the onion and mushrooms brown (2 minutes), add balsamic vinegar and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat when the walnuts are toasted, and onions and mushrooms are soft but not mushy.
- Top each rusk with the mix from step 8 and finish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
- Serve while hot.
Tell us what you think of this Cheese Crostini recipe on Facebook.