[brid autoplay=”true” video=”809805″ player=”22750″ title=”Bread%20Upma” duration=”58″ description=”If you love the spices of Indian cuisine this Bread Upma Recipe might just be the perfect side to serve up. It is quick to make and impossible to get wrong. ” uploaddate=”2014-03-17″ thumbnailurl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/15887/thumb/809805_t_1624429528.png” contentUrl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/15887/sd/809805.mp4″]
Indian flavors are some of the most unforgettable. From intense heat to mouth-tingling sweet.:
And this Bread Upma Recipe offers that classic heat, but also a softness on the taste buds. Making it perfect as a side dish that breaks up more intense flavors.
(Don’t worry the Upma can be hotter or sweeter just by upping the heat or sugar).
The best thing about this recipe is its simplicity. You’re making a quick sauce and letting the bread soak it up. The hardest part of this dish is finding the Indian bread and spices.
Don’t believe it is that simple? Check out the video above or swipe down to see the ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
Related: Yoga for Beginners – 3 Different Types of Yoga You Should Try
- 2 tbsps. of Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp. of Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp. of Cumin Seeds
- 1 /4 tsp. of Asafoetida
- 16-20 Curry Leaves
- 1-2 Chilies (Cut into pieces)
- 2 Medium Onions (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 tsp. of Turmeric Powder
- Salt (To taste)
- 1/2 tsp. of Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Water
- 8 Pav – Indian Puffy Bread (Broken into pieces)
- Over medium heat add cooking oil to a pan.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, chilies, onions, and mix.
- Then add turmeric powder, salt to taste, sugar, and mix again.
- Add water and let simmer for a minute.
- Then add the pav and mix so it soaks up the flavors.
- Cover the pan and reduce to medium-low heat.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced.
- Serve in a bowl while hot.
Tell us what you think of this Bread Upma Recipe on Facebook.